Monday, September 24, 2007

ASB Color Challenge


I took a little bit of artistic license on the Color Challenge over at A Shade of Blue last week. The colors were pink, orange, blue and medium green. I chose to use Pretty in Pink, Bliss Blue (Ret.,) Mint Melody (Ret.,) and Apricot Appeal.

I use the squiggle petal from the Stampin' Up! set Pick a Petal. I stamped in multiple times on the colored cardstock listed above and then cut them all out. Well, I have a nice blister on right ring finger from all that trimming but I love the way the card turned out!

I adhered the first layer directly to the patterned paper...do you recognize it? If you are a long-time SU! stamper then you might. It is Pretty in Pink patterned paper from 2002! I am such a hoarder! But,m in reality I only have 6-7 sheets left from the package, in various patterns. OK, I'm back from Memory Lane. ;-)

I used super thick pop dots on the second layer of petals. Then added a little bit of Celery Grosgrain Ribbon (also SU!) The card dimension are 5.5" x 5.5".

5 comments:

Christine said...

This is beautiful Allison!

Stampin' Meg said...

I really like how you changed up the colors on this one.

Scott Franson Photography said...

I got the blog candy today and it's just wonderful. Thank you so much I really appreciate it.
Claudia

Laurie Unger said...

Allison, I tagged you!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.