Monday, September 17, 2007

Shopping


I love to shop. It is no secret...there is no type of shopping that I don't like.

This is the last of the cards I made for The Stamp Shack's Mall of America stamping challenges.

I'm not thrilled with how it photographed. I took about 20 pictures in an attempt to capture the dimensions of the card.

The image is from My Favorite Things' stamp set "You Take the Cake." I inked just the lady and omitted the cake. I then stamped the packages on The Angel Company's Premium White Cardstock. I used Stampin' Write markers to color all the images. The wallpaper background is paper pieced in. This is a retired patterned paper from SU! I think it retired 2-3 years ago. I made the little shopping bags using the yellow scalloped rectangle punch from Marvy...sorry I can't remember the correct size name. The top of the bags is scalloped and the sides and bottom edges I trimmed off to get the straight lines. I then put it all together using pop dots and Mono Multi Adhesive. Mono Multi is great for paper piecing because you have just enough time to slide the paper into the perfect position before the adhesive sets up. The green scalloped background is two offset Giga Scalloped Squares. The pink velvet ribbon is from Michaels and the silver cord is from Stampin' Up! (retired.) All colored cardstock is Stampin' Up!, white cardstock is The Angel Company.

1 comment:

Scott Franson Photography said...

Hi, I'm one of your blog candy winners, scfranson. I can't find a place to email you anywhere on your blog ! Please email me....
scfranson@charter.net