Saturday, July 14, 2007

Butterfly Birthday


It is inevitable that I get antsy for my PapertreyInk stamps as we approach the 15th of the month. This card uses Butterfly Kisses which is so amazing! I made this card for my sister-in-law. She was an avid gardener until some life events interupted her passion. She had filled her garden with flowers that attracted butterflies. It was wonderful to stand there and watch them flutter about the blooms.

I used Green Galore, Pink Passion and Basic Brown Classic Inks. The cardstock is Pink Passion, and Green Galore (all SU!) The white cardstock is Premium White Cardstock from The Angel Company, it is meatier than SU!'s Whisper White. I like that it lends stability to my cards and other paper projects. It creases quite nicely as well. The ribbon is from Michaels and comes on a wooden spool. I think I bought the ribbon more for the spool than the ribbon itself...I have a project that I need to photograph that uses the wooden spools...Next week sometime for that one though.

We're taking the children to a couple local adventures this weekend. I hope that you are able to enjoy your family and friends and are blessed with what will become happy memories.

"See" you on Monday! :-)

2 comments:

Diana said...

Love this card , where does your inspration come from ..you always do good work and Oh by the way my Birthday is the same day ..Hummmmmmmmwonder if I will get a wonderful card like that :)
Big Hint
(((((((Huggs)))))))
Diana In Co.

Shannon McGann said...

This is great!
I've tagged you as a Rockin' Girl Blogger! Check out my blog for more details.