Thursday, July 26, 2007

Neat or not?

Are you neat or not? This is what I strive for. Not the most fantastical stampin space, but it is what I have. This room is in the attic and my amazing DH created the space. He cleaned out the attic, built walls, put in the window and a door, provided me with heat, electricity (there is a story there,) carpeting, the whole nine yards. He is awesome! I sometimes feel not worthy, but that only happens for a second and then I move on...LOL!


So, the story about the electricity...I was stamping on Tuesday night...it was late, about 11:00. Remember, I'm in the attic. Well, the power goes out. I live in the middle of the boonies. There is NO light. I put my hand in front of my face, like an inch from my nose, and could NOT see it! The power came back up in like 10 seconds...then it went out again!!! I was paralyzed. I am such a scaredy cat. So I sat there, afraid to move, lest the boogey man would get me. Finally, after another 20 seconds or so the lights came on. Well...I BOLTED down to my bedroom to get my flashlight. Yes, girls, I sleep with a flashlight on my night stand. My children even know not to move it. It is not a toy, it is a life-saving device. So the moral of the story is this...when your DH gives you a stamp room in the attic and tells you, "You really should keep a flashlight up there since you are SO afraid of the dark.", get yourself the biggest flashlight you can find and place it prominently on your desk. :-)

So, all is well, that ends well...you can go and have your chuckle at my expense. Night-night, don't let the bed bugs bite!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is why I have LOTS of flashlights my dear..... ;)

HUGS!

Lauren (mytime) said...

I think your space is wonderful. I love how you ahve it nice and organized and made use of your space. Thanks for sharing it with us.