Saturday, July 28, 2007

DTGD Challenge Card


Challenge courtesy of SweetMissDasiy and the Dare to Get Dirty Challenge Team. (This link will only work if you are a current fan club member at Splitcoast Stampers.)

I'm pleased with this card. But again I need to work on my photography skills...practice, practice, practice.

I used the Lion from Wild About You (SU!) and surrounded him with leaves from On Safari (Paper Salon.) They are stamped on Premium White Cardstock from TAC. I then punched Amarillo paper from Cosmo Cricket's Halfway Cafe collection using a Giga Scallop Square punch. I took another piece of the Amarillo paper and punched it using the Mega Scallop Square punch. I layered the two punched papers to make a frame (Mega behind Giga,) then attached the lion from the back. The gold wide organdy ribbon is two pieces twisted in opposite directions then layered across the card and attached with sticky tape. The panel on the left is the backside of the Amarillo paper...I love this paper...you can buy it here...Jacksonbelle Embellishments... I layered it on Basic Black (SU!) The tag is made using Paper Tray and Borders & Corners {Rectangles} stamps from Papertreyink. I distressed the edges using the SU distresser tool and attached the tag using Hemp twine.

Other details not covered above: Ink: Lion is So Saffron, Creamy Caramel and Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers. Framed Feel Better Tag is Palette Noir Black. Leaves are Certainly Celery and Mellow Moss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOH I LOVE THIS!!! I LOVE what you did with the paper! Fabulous job!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Sweetie!!